FAQs for schools
What do I need to provide?
- 4 – 6 responsible students who can work well with limited supervision
- Names and contact details for each student
- Potentially laptops for the students if they don’t have their own
- Assistance with arrangements to get the students to and from the workplace
- Ensure the host company completes the standard work experience forms and permission forms relevant to the school
- A school representative to attend the final presentation
How do I enlist students to take part?
Does a teacher need to be onsite for the students during the week?
Who can attend the final presentation for the students
Who supervises the students each day?
Is there a cost involved?
What type of student should be part of the program?
- They will be seen as equal partners for the week, so it is vitally important that they have respect for all other employees of the host organization
- They need to understand and follow the safety requirements of the host company
- They should never take for granted the trust placed with them.
- The ability to work well with minimal supervision
Students with the capabilities of working as a team
- They should respect their fellow teammates
- Understand individual needs and abilities
- They should be capable of meeting deadlines
- Students should have basic computer knowledge especially in Excel and PowerPoint
- Whilst this is not a priority it would be an advantageous skill to bring to the group
- Students who want to be there!
This is a unique opportunity for the student to develop
- It should not be seen as a ‘last resort’ because they haven’t been able to find any other work placement